Connection Newsletter March 2022
March 2, 2022 Board of Directors Meeting
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff:
- Approved a contract with Interboro School District for DCIU to provide professional development on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and curriculum from February 2022 to July 2022.
- Approved a contract with Marple Newtown School District for monthly consultation meetings with the DCIU English Language Development (ELD) Team from December 2021 to June 2022.
- Approved a contract with Chester Upland School District for DCIU to provide administrative team training on the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Framework for Principals and related educational leadership topics.
- Approval to amend the contract with Marple Newtown School District to provide STEM teacher training with a start date of October 2, 2021, and end date of January 11, 2022 (previous end date was October 29, 2021).
Approval for opportunities to support educational, municipal, and community partners and families:
- Approved a contract with Chichester School District for DCIU to provide ten hours of behavior consultation support.
- Approval for the Department of Teaching and Learning to offer a two-week STEM summer camp at DCIU Morton for elementary students in Delaware County.
- Approved a contract with William Penn School District for DCIU to provide server hosting services from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2027.
- Approved a contract with Upper Darby School District for DCIU to provide disaster recovery server hosting services from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2027.
Approval of other grants, contracts, leases, appointments, and services:
- Approved the appointment of Mr. Bradley Moore, Esq., Radnor Township School District, to the DCIU board of Directors to fulfill the term February 23, 2022, to June 30, 2022, to replace exiting Director Ms. Amy Goldman.
- Approval to accept the Delaware County Education Foundation grants for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Approval of the following 2022-2023 DCIU/DCTS budgets:
- Intermediate Unit General Operating Budget in the amount of $10,049,100.00 to be circulated to the districts for action.
- Special Education budget in the amount of $20,555,107.00.
- Delaware County Technical Schools budget in the amount of $15,492,198.00 to be circulated to the districts for action.
- Approved the revised DCIU and DCTS Health and Safety Plan effective March 2, 2022.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Approval for two advisors and four students to attend the Skills USA competition from March 7, 2022, to March 8, 2022, at Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
- Approval for nine advisors and twenty-four students to attend the Skills USA State Championship Conference at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania from April 6, 2022, to April 8, 2022.
- Approval for sixty-seven cosmetology students (from Folcroft and Upper Darby) and eight adults to attend the International Beauty Show (IBS) at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City, New York on March 15, 2022.
The next DCIU Board of Directors Meeting is April 6, 6, 2022 at 6:45 P.M.