Connection Newsletter February 2022
February 2, 2022 Board of Directors Meeting
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff
- Approved a contract with the Garnet Valley School District for DCIU to provide threat assessment consultation services from February 3, 2022, to June 30, 2022.
- Approved a contract with Radnor Township School District for DCIU to provide Question, Persuade, Respond training during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Approved a contract with the Chichester School District for DCIU to provide professional development on the science of reading and ten hours of behavior consultation support.
- Approved a contract with the School District of Haverford Township for DCIU to provide up to fifty hours of special education programming consultation from September 2021 to June 2022.
Approval for opportunities to support educational, municipal, and community partners and families
- Approved a contract with the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) for DCIU to provide an Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf from January 10, 2022, to March 11, 2022.
- Approved a contract with the County of Delaware, Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Adult and Family Services, to fund DCIU Family Centers services from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Approved a contract with the National Science Education Leadership Association (NSELA) for DCIU to provide technology support from February 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022.
Approval of other grants, contracts, leases, appointments, and services
- Accepted the resignation of Ms. Amy Goldman, Board representative for the Radnor Township School District, effective February 3, 2022.
- Accepted the resignation of Mr. Christopher Bryan, Board representative for the Ridley School District, effective December 31, 2021.
- Approved the appointment of Mr. Frank Salerno as the Director of Human Resources for a four-year term, beginning March 14, 2022, to March 13, 2026.
- Approval of the Information Technology (IT) Repair Shop Innovation Grant application from February 2, 2022, to February 1, 2026, and approval to create four IT Service Technician positions, one Field Information Technology Service Technician position and one Lead Information Technology Service Technician position to support the IT Repair Shop Innovation Grant.
- Authorized the Board Secretary to seek nominations for Intermediate Unit Board membership for the term July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, from the following districts: Chester Upland, Interboro, Radnor Township, Ridley, and Southeast Delco.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Approved an affiliation agreement with Eastern University for field training experiences in work-based settings for qualified psychology students from January 20, 2022, to June 30, 2022.
- Approval for two adults and ten students to attend the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) 2022 State Leadership Conference at the Seven Springs Resort in Champion, PA from March 21, 2022, to March 23, 2022.
The next DCIU Board of Directors meeting is March 2, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.