Connection Newsletter January 2022
JANUARY 5 , 2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff:
- Approved a contract between DCIU and William Penn School District for DCIU to provide multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) programming consultation, coaching, and professional development from August 2021 to June 2022.
- Approved a contract with Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School for DCIU to provide professional development and coaching on instruction for newly arrived English learners from December 2021 to June 2022.
- Approved a contract between DCIU and Interboro School District for DCIU to provide two full days of professional development focused on LGBTQ+ Best Practices to secondary staff and administrators.
Approval for opportunities to support educational, municipal, and community partners and families:
- Approved a contract with Delaware County Government to provide network monitoring and maintenance services from January 1, 2022, to June 30, 2026.
- Approved contracts with the Rose Tree Media School District for DCIU to provide behavioral consultation services between Sept. 2021 and June 2022.
Approval of other grants, contracts, leases, appointments, and services:
- Approved a revised DCIU and DCTS Health and Safety Plan effective January 6, 2022.
- Approved the Memorandum of Agreement between DCIU and Delaware County Education Foundation for substitute personnel services.
- Approved the following appointments:
- Ms. Kristin Larsen, School District of Haverford Township, to the DCIU Board of Directors, to fulfill the term December 16, 2021, to June 30, 2023, replacing exiting Director Ms. Susan Mingey.
- Ms. Christine McMenamin, Ridley School District, to the DCIU Board of Directors, to fulfill the term December 7, 2021, to June 30, 2022, replacing exiting Director Mr. Christopher Bryan.
- Ms. Sara Christianson, Assistant Director for Teaching and Learning, effective March 7, 2022.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Approved an educational experience agreement with Little Flower Manor and DCTS Medical Careers program from December 1, 2021, to August 31, 2022.
- Approved an articulation agreement with St. Francis University for students in the DCTS Early Childhood Education program to earn up to six credits.
- Approval for 10 adults and 120 students to attend HOSA Future Health Professionals Pennsylvania State Leadership Conference on March 30, 31, and April 1, 2022, at the Valley Forge Convention Center in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Approval and implementation of the Pennsylvania Department of Education supplemental equipment grant for DCTS to purchase instructional equipment and handtools for the classroom that meet industry standards.
The next DCIU Board of Directors meeting is February 2, 2002 at 6:45 p.m.