Connection Newsletter October 2021
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff
- Approval to contract with the School District of Haverford Township for DCIU to provide Wilson Reading Program support from September 7, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Approved a contract between DCIU and Boys' Latin of Philadelphia Charter School for DCIU to provide professional development training on equity and cultural responsiveness.
- Approved a contract with William Penn School District for DCIU to provide leadership team training from September 2021, to June 2022.
- Approved a contract between DCIU and the School District of Haverford Township for DCIU to provide special education teacher coaching from August 30, 2021, to December 2021.
Approval for opportunities to support educational and community partners and families
- Approved a contract with the Radnor Township School District for DCIU to provide up to 500 hours of psychological evaluation services from September 2, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Approved a contract with the Rose Tree Media School District for DCIU to provide an audit on K-12 equity programming from September 2021, to June 2023.
- Approved a contract with the Chichester School District for DCIU to provide Chichester with an audit and related professional development on Multi- Tiered System of Support (MTSS) from September 2021, to June 2022.
- Approved a contract between DCIU and Southeast Delco School District for DCIU to provide an audit on social and emotional learning initiatives from September 2021, to November 2021.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Approval to purchase 200 seats from Learning Ally to provide students with an online library from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
- Approved an Articulation Agreement with The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College for Culinary students to receive up to 10 college credits, effective September 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023.
- Approved an Articulation Agreement with Pennsylvania College of Technology for Emergency and Protective Service students to receive up to 15 credits, effective October 7, 2021, to be reviewed annually.
Approval of other grants, contracts, leases, appointments, and services
- Approval of a Board resolution supporting Delaware County schools receiving necessary COVID-19 district level County transmission data to make important decisions about the safety of our schools.
- Approved the Memorandum of Agreement template for the Test-to-Stay program.
- Approval to recommend to the Upper Darby School Board the appointment of Tom Brown and the reappointment of Tracy Karwoski to the Delaware County Area VocationalTechnical Authority Board, each for a five-year term, effective January 1, 2022, to January 1, 2027.