Connection Newsletter May 2021
May 5, 2021 Board Meeting
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff
- Approved a contract with Chichester School District for DCIU to provide Threat Assessment training and consultation services from May 12, 2021, to June 18, 2021.
- Approved the agreement for the STEM Lending Library for the 2021-2022 school year. Approved a contract with Chester Community Charter School for DCIU to provide training at their administrative retreat from June 29, 2021, to July 1, 2021.
- Approved a contract with Frontline for the 2021-2022 school year for Frontline to provide a professional learning management system to DCIU programs and member districts at a discounted, consortium rate.
- Approved a contract with PA Cyber Charter School for DCIU to provide Assistive Technology Student, Environment, Tasks, and Tools (SETT) consultation services from March 22, 2021, to June 30, 2021.
- Approved a contract with the School District of Philadelphia for DCIU to provide Assistive Technology SETT consultation services from April 13, 2021, to June 30, 2021.
Approval to support children and families
- Approval to submit the Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts continuation funding application for the fiscal year July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Approved the submission of the Early Head Start Childcare Partnership baseline (non-competitive) grant application for fiscal year September 1, 2021, to August 31, 2022.
- Approval to submit the Head Start Supplemental Assistance Program (
Approval of other grants, contracts, leases, appointments, and services
- Approved the appointment of Brian Keiser as the Assistant Chief Financial and Operations Officer effective May 24, 2020. Approval to implement the Office of Workforce Development (OWD) year-round Youth Grant to employ 20 students from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Accept a proposal from Gallagher Benefits Services for insurance, including but not limited to property/casualty, liability, automobile, students, volunteers, notary bonds, and workers compensation insurance, for 2021-2022.
- Approval to combine the two departments of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Learning and Teaching, Learning, and Innovation into one department, titled Teaching and Learning, to be effective July 1, 2021.
- Approval to change the position, title, and job description of Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development to Assistant to the Executive Director, Teaching and Learning to be effective July 1, 2021.
- Approval to implement the 2020-2021 Governor’s Emergency Relief (GEER) Continuity of Education Equity Grant.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Approve clinical agreements with the following clinical sites from September 1, 2021, to August 31, 2022: Easter Seals of Pennsylvania, Fair Acres Geriatric Center, HCR Manor, Prospect CCMC, LLC, Prospect DCMH, LLC, and White Horse Village, at no cost to the DCTS Practical Nursing Program.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS JUNE 2, 2021, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU, MORTON.