Connection Newsletter April 2021
April 7, 2021 Board Meeting
Approval of opportunities to support student learning and success:
- Approve and implement the Pennsylvania Department of Education Supplemental Equipment Grant for DCTS.
- Approve and implement the Pennsylvania Department of Education Competitive Equipment Grant for DCTS.
- Approval to continue the articulation agreement with Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) for the 2021-2022 school year for the following:
- Computer Networking students - up to 5 credits
- Electrical students - up to 2 credits
- HVAC students - up to 6 credits
- Advertising and Design - up to 3 credits
- Health Sciences students - up to 4 credits
- Emergency and Protective Services students - up to 4 credits
- Culinary students -up to 4 credits
- Approve a Clinical Affiliation Agreement with Genesis Health Care-Brandywine Hall Center, for practical nursing students to attend clinical rotations.
- Approve a contract with Labor and Industry/Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Norristown, to provide tuition assistance to practical nursing students.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services:
- Approval to submit the PDE Education Leading to Employment and Career Training (ELECT) grant with an anticipated project date of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. DCIU appreciates the help of districts that submitted letters of support for this grant.
- Acceptance of the Delaware County Education Foundation grants for 2021-2022 totaling $14,603.84.
- Approve the Negotiations Agreement with The Delaware County Intermediate Unit Education Support Professionals, PSEA/NEA and Delaware County Intermediate Unit, for the three year term of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024.
- Approve an Emergency Facilities Agreement with the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency from January 1, 2021 to July 1, 2021 for the purposes of recouping costs for the Pennsylvania Vaccine Clinic for Educators.
- Approval to amend the 2020-2021 Student Services calendar to reflect an Act 80 day on June 18, 2021.
- Approval to amend the 2021-2022 Early Intervention calendar.