Connection Newsletter March 2021
March 3 Board Meeting
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff:
- Approve contract with Interboro School District for DCIU to provide Threat Assessment training and consultation services from June 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- Approval to amend the contract with Penn-Delco School District (originally Board approved on July 1, 2020) to provide consultation regarding Suicide Risk Assessment training to school-level teams for up to twenty-four (24) hours instead of twelve (12) hours.
Approval of 2021-22 budgets to be circulated:
- Approve the 2021-2022 Intermediate Unit General Operating Budget in the amount of $9,765,889.00 to be circulated to the districts for action.
- Approve the 2021-2022 Special Education budget in the amount of $19,380,443.00.
- Approve the 2021-2022 Delaware County Technical Schools budget in the amount of $14,960,102.00 to be circulated to the districts for action.
Approval of contracts with districts and other partners for programs and services:
- Approve a contract with William Penn School District for DCIU to provide Human Resources consulting services from February 11, 2021, to March 14, 2021.
- Approve a Memorandum of Agreement, effective July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2024, with DCIU Early Head Start/Head Start and the Delaware County Office of Early Intervention.
- Approve a contract with the County of Delaware, Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Adult and Family Services to fund DCIU Family Centers services from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021.
- Approval to contract with Widener Partnership Charter School for DCIU to provide Speech-Language Therapy at Widener Partnership Charter School's Extended School Year (ESY) program from July 6, 2021, to July 29, 2021.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services:
- Approve the employment contract for Mr. Edward Norris, Jr. as the Chief Financial and Operations Officer from June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2025.
- Approve acceptance of a Food Service Equipment Grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Education for the Aston cafeteria in the amount of $7,146.95.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS APRIL 7, 2021, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU, MORTON.