Connection Newsletter January 2021
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff:
- Approval to contract with Reading School District for DCIU to provide curriculum review, course development, and professional development.
Approval to support districts, communities and students' specific learning needs:
- Approval of contracts to provide special education and additional related services to Collegium Charter School, West Chester Area School District, and Penn Grove Carney's Point Regional School District.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Approval of the the purchase of one Nurse Anne Simulator from Laerdal, a sole source provider, using funds from the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund (GEER).
- Approval of the the purchase of a Virtual Reality Welding Simulator from Keen Compressed Gas Company using funds from the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Competitive Equipment Grant.
- Approval of the the purchase of an Amatrol Fanuc Robot Station Learning System from Amatrol, a sole source provider, through the authorized regional distributor, Allegheny Educational Systems, Inc.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services:
- Approval to contract with DudeSolutions to create a Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) to inventory and tag all building assets at Morton Education Service Center and provide an online preventative maintenance schedule.
- Approval for a Partnership Agreement between DCIU and Scenario Learning for Safe Schools online training for a three-year period.
- Approval of the purchase of a Palo Alto network firewall with three years of licensing subscription from ePlus, Costars contract.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY ON FEBRUARY 3, 2021, 6:45 PM.