Connection Newsletter November 2020
Approval to support professional development opportunities for District and IU staff
- Approve the Coordinator of Equity and Diversity Innovation Grant application from November 9, 2020 to November 9, 2024 with approval to create a Coordinator of Equity and Diversity position supported by a DCIU Innovation Grant.
- Contract with Schoology to provide annual subscriptions for the 2020-2021 school year to our DCIU programs and districts at a consortium rate at no cost to DCIU.
- Contract with Carnegie Institute, doing business as Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, to provide Cardinal O’Hara High School teachers with Carnegie STEM Pathways trainings.
Approval to support districts, communities and students' specific learning needs
- Approval for Chichester School District to contract with DCIU Title I remedial and parent involvement services from September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Approve the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) partnership agreement with Widener University to provide a tuition discount to DCIU employees at no cost to DCIU.
- Continue articulation agreement with Pennsylvania Institute of Technology (PIT) for Emergency and Protective Services students to receive up to 15 college credits; Computer Networking and Digital Forensics and Engineering Technologies students to receive up to 9 college credits; and Exercise Science and Sports Therapy students to receive up to 6 college credits during the 2020-2021 school year, at no cost to DCTS.
- Permission for a graduate student from Salus University, to complete her student practicum in Speech-Language Pathology at DCIU for Spring semester 2021 (pending receipt of necessary clearances).
- Memorandum of Understanding between The Department of Veterans Affairs and the DCTS Practical Nursing Program to receive tuition funding through the internet program known as VA-ONCE. Purchase Assessment Technologies Institute Software for the DCTS Practical Nursing Program for the 2020-2021 school year, funded by student tuition.
- Approve application for Emergency Financial Aid Grant (May 6, 2020) to provide funding for tuition costs to practical nursing students and/or program expenses for a total of up to $500,000.00 under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security
(CARES) Act, at no cost to DCTS.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS DECEMBER 2, 2020, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU, MORTON .