Connection Newsletter July 1, 2020
Approval to support professional development opportunities for IU and District staff:
- Contract with Rose Tree Media School District for DCIU to provide up to ten (10) hours of consultation on threat assessment with the district’s psychologist(s) from September 3, 2020 to June 12, 2021.
- Contract with Radnor Township School District for DCIU to provide suicide risk and threat assessment consultation services to the district’s psychologist(s) from September 3, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Contract with Penn-Delco School District for DCIU to provide suicide risk assessment training from September 3, 2020 to June 30, 2021 for two (2) hours and up to 12 hours of consultation regarding suicide risk with the district’s psychologist(s).
- Approved a Partner License Agreement with Wilson Language Training Corporation to develop DCIU as a training partner from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Contract with National Science Teachers Association for professional development to be provided for the 2020-2021 school year.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services:
- Approved the DCIU and DCTS School Reopening Health and Safety Plans.
- Approved the 2020-2021 Guide to Services, a comprehensive listing of DCIU/DCTS programs and services.
- Contract with Delaware County Community College for DCIU to provide data center co-location services from July 1, 2020 to June 20, 2030.
- Approval of Head Start/Early Head Start Grant (EHS/HS) 03CH011616-01-00 and of the Head Start Supplemental Assistance Program Grant from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Partnership agreement with Pennsylvania State University- Delaware County Cooperative Extension, to provide nutrition training to EHS/HS parents and staff from May 6, 2020 to June 30, 2022 at no cost to DCIU.
- Approval of the Comprehensive Applied Behavior Analysis (CABA) Innovation Grant application from July 2, 2020 to June 30, 2024.
- Approval to create an Applied Behavior Analysis Specialist and a Registered Behavior Technician position to support the CABA Innovation Grant.
- Approved contracts with Easterseals of Southeastern Pennsylvania and Delco Early Learning Center to implement the Pre-K Counts grant from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
Approval to support districts and students' specific learning needs:
- Contract with the following districts for Hearing and Language support services during the districts’ ESY 2020 programs:
- Marple Newtown
- Upper Darby
- Chester Upland
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Affiliation agreement between DCIU and Long Island University for qualified graduate students to participate in a teaching practicum in DCIU Student Services.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS AUGUST 5, 2020, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU, MORTON.