Connection Newsletter August 2020
Approval to support professional development opportunities for IU and District staff:
- Contract with Discovery Education for DCIU to provide annual subscriptions for the 2020-2021 school year to our DCIU programs and districts at a consortium rate.
- Contract with Wilson Reading Systems for them to provide virtual professional development on Fundations for Levels K and 2 on September 14 and 15, 2020.
- Contract with Devereux Center for Resilient Children to provide six, two-hour webinar training sessions from August 31, 2020 to March 5, 2021.
Approval of the following COVID-19 pandemic-related items:
- Approve a DCIU Board Resolution declaring COVID-19 as a pandemic is an emergency within the meaning of Section 520.1 of the Pennsylvania School Code in support of flexibility of delivery of instruction to comply with 180 days/990 and 900 hours of Instructional Time.
- Approve the DCIU and DCTS Instructional Time Templates, Section 520.1.
- Approve Addendum #1 of the DCIU and DCTS Health and Safety Plan.
- Approve the submission of the Student Services Flexible Instructional Day application.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Submit and implement the 2020-2021 Delaware County Carl D. Perkins Plan and budget for the Delaware County Technical Schools.
- Clinical agreement with Norwood Fire and Ambulance Company and DCTS Emergency and Protective Services (EPS) program from September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Clinical agreement with Crozer, also known as Prospect CCMC, LLC and Prospect DCMH, LLC (Crozer Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Taylor Hospital),
and Delaware County Technical High Schools’ (DCTS) EPS program from November 1, 2018 to June 30, 2023, at no cost to DCTS.
- Approval to support districts, communities and students' specific learning needs:
- Contract with Delaware County Literacy Council for them to deliver an adult literacy class from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021 to be paid from Title III funds.
Memorandum of understanding with the following districts to form a Title III consortium from July 15, 2020 to September 30, 2021:
- Garnet Valley
- Rose Tree Media
- Vision Academy CS
- Widener Partnership Academy CS
- Contract with the County of Delaware, Department of Human Services, regarding the State and Federal funds for Early Intervention to provide vision and
hearing/audiology services for infants to toddlers (0 – 3 years old) and to contract for the provision of such services for the period from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Contract with the County of Delaware, Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Developmental Disabilities (OIDD) to continue providing services for
2020-2021 school year.
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 2, 2020, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU, MORTON .