Connection Newsletter April 1, 2020
Approval for opportunities to support educational and community partners
- Contract with the following school districts for Title I remedial and parent involvement services from September 1, 2019 to June 11, 2020: Rose Tree Media; William Penn; Ridley.
- Contract with Widener Partnership Charter School for DCIU to provide Speech-Language Therapy at Widener Partnership Charter School’s Extended School Year (ESY) program from June 15, 2020 to August 31, 2020 and during the school year from September 2020 to June 2021.
- Purchase from the College Board for instructional
materials for summer Advanced Placement courses to be offered to school districts' Advanced Placement teachers.
Approval to support professional development opportunities for IU and District staff
- Contract with Beck Cognitive Behavior Therapy to provide a three day workshop on Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Youth in School Settings on September 2, 9, and 10, 2020.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services
- Amend the Zoom Video Communications Inc. license subscription from 150 to 1,000 licenses for the current period March 25, 2020 ending April 21, 2020 and for the period from April 21, 2020 to April 21, 2021.
- Purchase of equipment, services, and supplies necessary for the continuing operations of the DCIU and DCTS and support of programs during the coronavirus shutdown, within purchasing standards set forth in the school code and Board policy, and which purchases shall be ratified by the Board at the next regular board meeting.
- Accept Delaware County Education Foundation grants for 2020-2021 totaling $28,643.95.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Widener University to provide dual enrollment opportunities for Delaware County Technical School (DCTS) students, effective April 2, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Agreement with Jeanne Cavalieri-Grover, LPN Financial Aid Consultant and Collegiate Aid Services, Inc., from August 2, 2020 to July 31, 2021 for Financial Aid services for adult programs.
- Facilities Use Agreement with the Christian Academy for the Practical Nursing graduation ceremony to be held on July 21, 2020.
- Articulation agreement with Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) for Computer Networking students to receive up to five (5) credits, Electrical to receive up to two (2) credits, HVAC to receive up to six (6) credits, Advertising and Design to receive up to three (3) credits, Health Sciences to receive up to four (4) credits, Emergency and Protective Services to receive up to four (4) credits, and Culinary students to receive up to four (4) credits for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Purchase of Arc Pro 9600X CNC Plasma System from ArcLight Dynamics, a sole source provider, using funds from the Pennsylvania Department of Education Competitive Equipment Grant, for the DCTS Welding Program.
- Donation of surplus/unused Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gowns, gloves, masks and kits to Nemours Hospital.