Connection Newsletter, March 4, 2020
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS APRIL 1, 2020, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU MORTON EDUCATION CENTER.
Approval for opportunities to support educational and community partners
- Contract with the Interboro and Marple Newtown school districts for Title 1 remedial and parent involvement services from September 1, 2019 to June 11, 2020.
- Contract with the Commonwealth of PA, Pennsylvania Department of Education, to provide funds for the Keystone Telepresence Education Grant Agreement to DCIU from November 26, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Approval to obtain a College Board membership at an annual rate of $400.00 to enable DCIU to provide Advanced Placement (AP) training to high school AP Educators.
- Memorandum of Understanding with Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School for the 2019-2020 school year to join the DCIU Title III consortium for services to enhance their English Language instruction.
- Contract with Newsela Inc. to provide consortium pricing to area districts for them to purchase curriculum resources at a discounted rate.
Approval to support professional development opportunities for IU and District staff
- Contract with William Penn School District for DCIU to provide professional development services in Math Coaching and Course Mapping for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Agreement for Wilson Fundations to provide training for Levels K, 1, and 2 on May 12, 13, and 14, 2020.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services
- Approve the annual provider agreement with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs for Adult Autism Waivers effective January 1, 2020.
- Approve the following 2020-2021 budgets to be circulated to the districts for action. In accordance with state law, the vote on the budget by districts will be used to record the weighted vote on the budget:
- DCIU Operating Budget in the amount of $9,616,248.00
- Special Education budget in the amount of $19,026,431.00
- Approve the 2020-2021 Delaware County Technical Schools budget in the amount of $14,406,225.00. In accordance with state law, the vote on the budget requires an affirmative vote of two-thirds of the member districts.
- Approve amendment #1 with Delaware County Council providing network monitoring, maintenance and Regional Wide Area Network services for various Delaware County Libraries for the period of July 1, 2020 to June 3, 2021 with successive annual terms through June 30, 2025.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- Approve two students and one advisor to attend the Skills USA State Championship conference at the Hershey Lodge, Hershey, PA from April 15, 2020 to April 17, 2020.
- Permission for an Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) student at Harcum College, to complete her Fieldwork Level I assignment in Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy (OT/PT) at DCIU for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Permission for a student at Towson University, to observe the Occupational Therapy program in Early Intervention at DCIU for the 2019-2020 school year.