Connection Newsletter, February 5, 2020
The next DCIU Board of Directors meeting is March 4, 2020, 6:45 pm, at DCIU Morton Education Center.
Approval for opportunities to support educational and community partners
- Contract with Rose Tree Media School District for DCIU to provide ten (10) hours of consultation regarding Threat Assessment training from February 6, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Approval to amend the contract with Radnor Township School District for DCIU to provide up to 35 hours of staff coaching and consultation on suicide risk with District psychologist(s) from September 9, 2019 to June 30, 2020
(previously 25 hours of staff coaching and consultation).
Approval to support professional development opportunities for IU and District staff
- Contract with Child Care Professional Network to provide a Child Development Associate (CDA) credentialing course for Early Head Start/Head Start/Child Care Partnership parents and staff from January 21,
2020 to August 14, 2020.
- Purchase 25 Wilson Fundation kits for Nonpublic school teachers who attended Wilson Fundations training at DCIU in the Fall of 2019.
- Contract with Center for Responsive Schools, Inc. to provide their four-day Elementary Core Course to Nonpublic school teachers and administrators from August 11, 2020 to August 15, 2020 .
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services
- Appointment of Ms. Rachel Mitchell, Upper Darby School District, to fulfill the term January 6, 2020 through June 30, 2021 to replace exiting Director Dr. Monica Taylor.
- Appointment of Ms. Margaret Rovinski, Springfield School District, to fulfill the term December 5, 2019 through June 30, 2020 to replace exiting Director Mr. Christopher DeSantis.
- Authorize the Board Secretary to seek nominations for Intermediate Unit Board membership for the term July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023 from the following districts: Garnet Valley, Haverford Township, Marple Newtown, Springfield, and William Penn.
- Agreements with Southeast Delco and Chester Upland School Districts for DCIU to conduct the superintendent search at no fee to the districts, but DCIU’s costs and expenses for the pre-approved advertising and
recruitment plan will be reimbursable to DCIU.
- Approval of the following 2020-21 calendars:
- Student Services
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators
- An additional Medical Careers Program (CIP Code 51.9999) beginning the 2020-2021 school year.
- Transition the Apple Program currently operating under CIP 15.1201 to Management Information Systems operating under CIP 52.1201 beginning the 2020-2021 school year.
- Approve a total of 83 Cosmetology students from the Aston and Folcroft campuses and 12 adults to attend the International Beauty Show (IBS) at the Jacob Javitz Convention Center in New York City, NY on March 10, 2020.
- Approve 14 students and 2 adults to attend the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) state conference in State College, PA from March 30, 2020 to April 1, 2020.
- Approve 30 welding students and 2 adults to attend a field trip to Mid Atlantic Steel in New Castle, DE to expose students to summer work and co-op opportunities