Connections Newsletter, December 4, 2019
THE NEXT DCIU BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING IS JANUARY 8, 2020, 6:45 PM, AT DCIU MORTON EDUCATION CENTER.
Approval for opportunities to support educational and community partners:
- Contract with the Southeast Delco School District for DCIU to provide up to two (2) hours per week of Wilson Reading instruction from September 13, 2019 to June 20, 2020.
- Contract with the Penn-Delco School District for DCIU to provide Threat Assessment Training, Suicide Risk Assessment Training and consultation services from December 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Contract with the Garnet Valley School District for DCIU to provide professional development and curriculum support in literacy for up to ten (10) days.
- Contract with the following districts for Title I remedial, and parent involvement services from September 1, 2019 to June 11, 2020:
Southeast Delco; Norristown Area; Springfield; Garnet Valley; Chester Upland; Chichester; Wallingford-Swarthmore.
Approval of other grants, contracts, appointments and services:
- Appointment of Dr. Michele Downie, WallingfordSwarthmore School District, to the DCIU Board of Directors, to fulfill the term December 2, 2019 through June 30, 2021 to replace exiting Director Mrs. Kelly Wachtman.
- Appointment of Ms. Joi M. Hopkins, William Penn School District, to the DCIU Board of Directors to fulfill the term December 2, 2019 through June 30, 2020 to replace exiting Director,Mrs. Marion Fitti.
- Appointment of Mrs. Tracy Karwoski, Garnet Valley School District, as Vice President, DCIU Board of Directors.
- Extend the ten-year option on the Marple Ed. Center lease between DCIU and DCTS effective July 1, 2020.
- Extend the ten-year option on the Marple Ed. Cenrer lease between DCIU and the DCAVTSA effective July 1, 2020.
- Resolution concerning the PAIUnet Service Order Agreement dated November 14, 2019 for Regional Wide Area Network Service and Internet Access Service.
Approval to enhance student learning and work experience and support future educators:
- Affiliation agreement with Bloomsburg University, for qualified graduate students to participate in the training and education of studying speech and language in DCIU’s Student Services.
- Permission for Erin Scanlan, qualified teaching student at Temple University, to complete her Special Education teaching practicum in Low-Incidence at DCIU for the spring semester of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Affiliation Agreement between DCIU and Temple University for qualified university students to participate in a student teaching practicum in DCIU Special Education programs.
- Permission for 40 students and 10 adults from the DCIU Education Center to attend a field trip to the Camden Aquarium on February 13, 2020.
- Permission for 24 students and 21 adults from the Low Incidence program to attend a field trip to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ on January 28, 2020.
- Permission for 40 students and three (3) adults to attend the Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) State Leadership Conference from April 1, 2020 to April 3, 2020 at the Valley Forge Convention Center, Valley Forge, PA.
The DCIU board, administration and staff wishes everyone a very happy holiday season and a most prosperous New Year.