Welcome to the DCIU Literacy Camp! We are very excited to have the opportunity to work with your child this summer as we set out to sharpen reading and writing skills while we renew our students’ appreciation of reading. The materials and focus each week of camp will revolve around a theme. Instructors will test each child to deterine present educational levels, then construct a literacy plan based upon the results of those assessments as well as data from the district where the child resides.
The camp is hosted at the Marple Education Center, 85 N. Malin Road, in Broomall. Sessions run from 9:00 am to noon. Some information to share with parents:
If you have any question, please contact Mr. Joseph Flynn at 610-938-9000 x 6601.
- We will have a snack every day of camp around mid-morning to keep our engines fueled. We will have pretzels, juice, etc. available. If your child has a favorite snack, e.g. a banana, apple, granola, etc, please feel free to send it in with your child.
- Please return the emergency card that is enclosed in the parent packet you will receive after your child is enrolled. Please have it completed and returned as soon as possible. To return the card, a self-addressed envelope was sent to you for your convenience. Please let us know if your child has any allergies (food, insect bites, peanuts, latex, etc.) It is also very important that we have emergency phone numbers- just in case we need that information.
- Please consider signing the photo release for your child. We enjoy making films and taking pictures during camp, usually shared during our camp finale. Often times we are asked to share the pictures with our IU staff to demonstrate student learning and best practices in literacy.
- Please use the name tag for your child from the packet that was mailed home. Be sure your child wears it on the first day of camp to help the bus driver confirm your child’s destination.
- We look forward to working with your child.