Seeking Chief Operations Officer – Chester Upland School DistrictChester Upland School District is seeking a new Chief Operations Officer to provide executive level oversight of all system-wide financial and operations affairs of the district.The Chief Operations Officer provides executive level oversight of all system-wide financial affairs of the district. If you are an experienced, results-driven school financial management professional, in possession of the following qualities and qualifications, we invite you to apply for this leadership position.
- Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, accounting or other related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience as a chief financial officer or business administrator, preferably in a public, charter or private school setting, or related role in a large public jurisdiction or private industry.
- Professional registration as a school business official.
- Experience in office management and proven supervision skills.
- Evidence of school and/or business leadership experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Satisfactory work record and all required clearances.
- Additional or alternatives to these qualifications that the Superintendent and/or Receiver may deem appropriate and acceptable.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves as a cabinet-level advisor to the Superintendent of Schools and Receiver on the financial affairs of the district.
- Potential lead negotiatior for all collective bargaining and individual employment contract negotiations.
- Responsible for budget development, administration and long-range forecasting.
- Develops and recommends financial and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight for employee benefit and insurance programs.
- Recommends new policies and procedures as desirable and necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness in all financial functions.
- Provides leadership for reviewing, purchasing, implementing and maintaining an integrated data management system.
- Oversees the completion of all required state, federal and independent audits.
- Provides direct, day to day oversight and supervision for business office, facilities and transportation.
Chester-Upland Chief Operations Officer Application Deadline: January 31, 2018Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and based on individual contract.Additional Information: Dr. Maria Edelberg, Executive Director at 610-938-9000 ext. 2056 or email@example.com.To learn more about the Chester Upland School District: www.ChesterUplandsd.org