Delaware County Education Foundation
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit Education Foundation raises funds to enhance the educational experience of the more than 15,000 students served by the organization. The Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provides funding for classroom teachers and administrators to enrich student learning through creative approaches along with innovative equipment and materials.
Delaware County Education Foundation Educational Grant Procedures
Eligibility: Grant applicants MUST be employed by either the Delaware County Intermediate Unit or the Delaware County Technical Schools, as a director, supervisor or classroom professional. Applications can be received by contacting any supervisor.
Criteria: The Delaware County Education Foundation will consider:
- Proposals that positively impact student learning and promote innovation and best practices in teaching and learning.
- Proposals for projects and programs that otherwise would not be included in a program’s budget.
The following proposals will not be considered:
- Proposals requesting funding for supplies and materials, such as technology, that are funded in the program’s general budget
- Proposals requesting hardware such as PCs, laptops or cell phones or anything requiring the purchase of ongoing service plans
- Proposals requesting payment of fees to current DCIU employees
- Incomplete applications
Note: This is a highly competitive grant process and proposals should be well thought out, organized and thorough. All proposals must include a summary briefly describing the grant’s purpose.
DCIU Director, Legislative and Community Services
610.938.9000 ext. 2061