- American Memory – historical collections from the National Digital Library
- AskAsia - educational resource for students and teachers. From the Asia Society, complete with lesson plans and images.
- Helping Your Child Learn Geography – from creating treasure maps to helping children find pen pals, this site offers many simple, fun activities to teach youngsters the fundamentals of geography. From the U.S. Department of Education
- Historylink101 - features Internet–based lesson, new articles and more.
- K-12 Electronic Guide for African Resources on the Internet
- Library of Congress – contains primary source documents, lesson plans, and additional resources for teachers of all grade levels.
National Council on Economic Education - contains a wealth of information for teaching economics.
National Endowment for the Humanities – Council of the Great City Schools
- Odyssey Online - exploration of ancient Near Eastern, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman cultures.
- Pennsylvania Veterans Museum
- Teacher's Guide to Folklife Resources for K–12 Classrooms
- Virtual Tourist – This site could be used to plan trips around the world.
- Xpeditions – This is the site for National Geographic Society.