Responsible for developing and directing information technology IU-wide to public and nonpublic schools to increase effectiveness and reduce cost for the ultimate of all educational programs. IT also manages communications systems.
Administrative Information Systems & Network Services
Provides assistance in the selection, design, installation, and operation of computer systems hardware and software, as well as local area networks.
Enrollment information for each school district and DCIU for subsidy, billing and state reports. Prepares and submits all child accounting reports to PDE.
- Management of Student Service databases for multiple schools/departments
- Development of Applications
- Management of State reporting requirements for IU Special Programs students
Network Operations Center
Managing the daily operation and maintenance of the county’s high-speed communication network, monitoring network traffic, and resolving any network communication, congestion, or failure problems. Metropolitan area network consultation, security audits, and design services are also available as marketplace services.
Help Desk SupportExternal phone number: 610-938-9000 ext. 1234Internal extension: 1234Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo report a Fiber Network outage: 610-743-8303
Khalid Ayyubov, Director, Information Technology and SystemsKathleen Thompson, IT Applications Coordinator
DCIU will provide a technician with a minimum of A+ certification to help districts support their IT Departments. If a district has a major project or need someone to fill in when its technician is on vacation or an extended leave, this program is available to fill the need. A contract is required.
External Technican Services
- Internet Service Provider
- Fiber optic installation and certification
- Cable installation and certification
- Network design
- Network and technical assistance
- Equipment repair for computers and office/classroom equipment, as well as audio visual equipment repair available on site.
- Video services
- Temporary staffing and assistance with hiring needs
- Baseline network assessment and recommendations
Internal Technical Support
- Network management
- Provision of Fiber network management services
- Help desk support
- Hardware maintenance and repair
- Software support
- Data collection and support
- Technical assistance
Available point-to-point or multipoint videoconferences using network technologies for members of the Delaware County Fiber Optic Network. Local, national and international services are available.