Job Opportunities and Applicant Instructions
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit has moved to an online application system and will no longer accept paper applications.
To view available positions please read through these instructions, then click on the red link at the bottom of the page.(Do not mail, email, or fax any documents)
New employees hired beginning May 30, 2022, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Official documentation (CDC-COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) of your vaccination status must be submitted following an offer of employment. A copy or photo of this card is acceptable.
Applicants and employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed request for accommodation form to the Human Resources Department within 10 days of receipt. Accommodations are granted only in circumstances where they do not cause the DCIU undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
The DCIU is proud to offer several bonuses to supplement the income of both CURRENT and FUTURE employees!!
- New employees are eligible for a Hiring Bonus of up to $2,500! *
- Current employees are eligible for an Employee Retention Bonus of up to $1,250! *
- Current employees are ALSO eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! There are no limits on how many people you can refer, and each referral could net you $600! *
An employee who is eligible for all 3 bonuses could earn up to an additional $4,350 for the 2022-2023 school year!
*All bonuses have exclusions and restrictions. Please contact your supervisor, the hiring manager, or your Human Resource representative for more details.
Professional VacanciesTeachers and/or Certificated Personnel must complete the application on the DCIU Talent ED Recruit and Hire and attach/upload the following documents to your file:
- 1 to 3 letters of reference (please note you will need an email address for your references)
- Copy of transcripts
- Valid license, if required
- Valid certificate, if required
Support Staff VacanciesNon-Certificated Personnel must complete the application on the DCIU Talent ED Recruit and Hire and attach/upload the following documents to your file:
- Resume, if applicable
- References (please note you will need an email address for your references)
- Copy of transcripts, if applicable
- Verification of high school diploma or GED
Required ClearancesApplicants must have all documents listed below on file in the Human Resources Department prior to receiving a job offer. You must attach the documents to your electronic application file if you have them available.
- Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History – Official Criminal History Check
- PA Child Welfare Information – Official Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Federal Criminal History Record or PAE number
Internal CandidatesThis is only for employees who are currently employed by the DCIU. You must apply through the "internal" tab at the top right of the recruit and hire home page. This will only work for current employees.
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
The DCIU uses Kelly Educational Staffing for our substitute teaching and paraprofessional needs. If you are interested in becoming a substitute, please visit https://www.kellyeducationalstaffing.us/ . For more information on Kelly, please see the attached flyer.
Visit the Human Resources site for more information and a who's who in HR.