In a growing industry, Licensed Practical Nurses are in demand across the country. The Delaware County Technical Schools PN program is the single-best higher education program in Pennsylvania based on value. Year after year, we offer a quality education at an affordable cost:
- Tuition is established each July 1 for the coming school year. Additional costs for the student are fees, books, equipment, uniforms, criminal background clearances, CPR certification, drug testing, and physical, which includes immunizations.
- Note: All prices are subject to change. A $1,000 non-refundable tuition deposit is due one month prior to the start date.
- Level 1
- Human Body in Health & Illness (7th Edition, Herlihy, ISBN 9780323711265)
- Math for Meds (11th Edition, Curran, ISBN 9781111540913)
- Mosby's Comp Review for the NCLEX-PN
- Levels 2, 3 and 4
- Williams' Basic Nutrition (16th Edition, Nix, ISBN 9780323653763)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (8th Edition, Videbeck, ISBN 9781975116378)
- Understanding Medical Surgical Nursing (7th Edition, Hopper-Williams, ISBN 9780803668980)
- Students will be wearing hunter green scrubs every day but must wear the clinical uniform purchased by Flynn and O’Hara on Clinical Days. The link to Flynn and O’Hara for the purchase of uniforms is https://flynnohara.com/
The program is currently eligible for Federal Title IV funding and Veteran Administration benefits. The program is also an educational provider for CareerLink Workforce. Several health care agencies offer scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
The Delaware County Technical Schools Practical Nursing Program receives support through the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 (Perkins IV). This Act is designed to help all students develop their academic, career and technical skills to prepare for high skill, high wage, and high demand occupations in current or emerging professions.