State of Pennsylvania COVID-19 Resources
In response to the global outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we would like to share some basic information on how to keep yourself, your loved ones, and neighbors safe and healthy.
Delco Pandemic Action Plan
We have published our Pandemic Action Plan (PDF) here. The plan has four levels of response: Monitoring; Limiting; Postponing; and Closing. The decision to move from one level to the next will be made in coordination with our local and state health agencies. The situation is rapidly changing and we will do our best to post updates.
Resources from the State of Pennsylvania
- PSBA/PAIU/PASBO ACT 13 FAQ
- COVID-19 FAQ Updated April 1, 2020
- COVID-19 Life-Sustaining Businesses
- COVID-19 Gov. Wolf Business Closures
- COVID-19 Response Efforts Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) March 14, 2020
- Emergency Declaration Request from the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- PA Dept. of Health–PA COVID-19 Update
- Coronavirus Preparedness Guidance from PA School Boards Association
- PA Dept of Health: Influenza Season Data
- PA Department of Health COVID-19 Information for K-12 Schools
- PA Department of Health COVID-19 Information for Pre-K Schools
- PA Department of Human Services Telehealth Guidelines Related to COVID-19
- Joint PA Associations FAQ on COVID-19 School Closures
- Department of Labor – Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- 3/27/2020 – Special Update: School Construction Projects
- 3/27/2020 – Gov. Wolf Signs COVID-19 Response Bills to Bolster Health Care System, Workers, and Education and Reschedule the Primary Election
- 3/23/2020 – PIAA update – spring sports postponed another two weeks and the e-start of the winter championships will continue to be on hold
- 3/21/2020 – ED – Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities
- 3/20/2020- PDE Update Regarding Cyber Charters
- 3/19/2020 – Pennsylvania Department of Education Cancels Statewide Assessments
- 3/15/2020 – Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) COVID-19 School Response Efforts Guidance
- 3/15/2020 – Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) COVID-19 Resources
PASA Update March 19, 2020
PASA is currently working with PASBO, PSBA, PSEA, PAIU, The Principals Association, PARSS, and PDE to provide school leaders and personnel with updates and clarifications on school closure concerns.
The Education Associations will be providing periodic updates to augment PDE updates as they become available.
These updates are now being posted on our coronavirus resources webpage. Please check this page daily!
As a reminder, our office is closed, but we are working daily to ensure that we provide you with the most updated information during this difficult time. If you have an urgent question or concern, call our alternate phone number: 717-514-8718.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you are asked to call the Chester County Health Department Hotline at 610-344-6225. They have staff on site from 8:30am-4:30pm, seven days a week answering questions. They have also partnered with the Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline, which is staffed 24/7. That number is 1-800-722-7112.
The Chester County Health Department has updated their website to include data and maps for Delaware County COVID-19 cases. Residents can visit the website for COVID-19 data and information on how to keep themselves, their family and friends, and the community healthy. The website is: www.chesco.org/4376/Coronavirus-COVID-19. It can also be accessed on the Delaware County’s COVID-19 website by clicking on the blue COVID-19 banner: www.delcopa.gov/ich/resources/coronavirus.html