Southeast Delco School District Superintendent Application Process
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) is pleased to conduct the search for the next Superintendent of the Southeast Delco (SED) School District. If your leadership abilities and interests align with the vision, mission, and shared values of the district, and you meet the requirements, you are invited to apply.
The mission of the Southeast Delco School District is to nurture, educate, and challenge students to become lifelong learners, possessing knowledge, compassion, and a desire to serve the global community.
The Southeast Delco School District fosters a student-centered learning environment in which students are problem-solvers, informed decision-makers, as well as collaborative and cooperative learners. All students have access to powerful technological tools which enable them to make connections between knowledge and understanding. In this stimulating atmosphere, access to information and communication with others is unlimited. This nurturing environment provides a quality education by which all our students can achieve academic excellence.
- Family and Community
- We believe the family is the first teacher. We believe the community is the first classroom. We are committed to drawing upon the strength and input of families in making education work for the students and communities we serve.
- Quality Education is the Right of Every Child
- We believe every student is entitled to a quality, challenging educational experience preparing each for success in life. We believe that every student's potential must be nurtured with the care and the direction of excellent schools, good programs, and a healthy environment.
- High Expectations for All
- We believe every student and staff member is expected to strive continually toward excellence.
- Diversity of Opinion and Culture
- We believe a diverse student body helps prepare children for citizenship in a multicultural democracy. We take pride in our culturally diverse communities and draw strength and lessons from the views of all.
- Family and Community
- PA Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (Out of State – Eligible for PA Letter)
- Doctorate in Education preferred
- Prior experience as a central office administrator (prefer prior experience of Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in a suburban/urban school district)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
The total compensation package is competitive.
To learn more about the Southeast Delco School District visit the website
For additional information about this opportunity contact Dr. Maria Edelberg, Executive Director, Delaware County Intermediate Unit
610-938-9000 ext. 2056 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Superintendent Search is being conducted by the Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) as a value-added service at no cost to the Southeast Delco School District.