SUMMER CAMP 2019
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
June 24th to June 28th
$50.00 Per Camper
Ages: 11 years old to 14 years old
- Glad Squad (Aston)
- Beauty is never pain for this group of campers who learn the science and art of skin and hair care, while practicing hairstyling, braiding, and makeup application. They will even learn natural skin-care techniques using items they can find in the fridge!
- Culinary Creators (Folcroft)
- Future chefs explore the world of culinary arts. This camp blends basic cooking skills with innovation and creativity as campers venture your way through baking, bread making and meal preparation.
- Apple Corps (Aston)
- What a disaster it would be if all the Apple products went on the fritz without anyone to fix them. Campers will learn various details of a Mac Computer. They will also learn the creative side of Mac computers by creating cool projects with applications.
- Crime Solvers (Aston)
- Ever wonder how scientists use evidence to solve crimes? Learn how to evaluate a crime scene, collect, handle, and evaluate evidence! Each day you will be one step closer to solving the final crime scene! Each day the campers will focus on a different aspect of forensics and how this science is used to determine the timeline of a crime.
- Wood Workers (Aston)
- Starting with the cornerstones of shop safety and tool management, campers will get a sampling of basic carpentry tasks and the importance of wood as a resource. We will learn about spring and summer bird nesting habits and the importance of keeping tools organized and used for the proper purpose. Campers will use basic hand tools and assist Instructor with larger power tool operations to create a bluebird or finch house and a personalized toolbox if time allows.
Summer Camp F.A.Q.
- Delaware County Technical Schools – FOLCROFT CAMPUS
- 701 Henderson Blvd. Folcroft, PA 19032
- Culinary Creators
- Delaware County Technical Schools – ASTON CAMPUS
- 100 Crozerville Road, Aston, PA 19014
- Glam Squad / Crime Solvers / Wood Workers / Apple Corps
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty
- Closed toe, rubber-soled shoes
- Knee-length shorts or pants
Cell phones, electronic games and devices are not permitted during camp or in Lab areas. Campers should leave all valuables home. All personal property must have camper’s name on it. DCTS is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
Campers should bring a lunch with their name on it, unless otherwise notified. Lunches will be refrigerated.
Sign-in camper daily at the greeting desk in the lobby. Students are not permitted in Lab areas before 9am or after 3pm.
Parent/Guardian, please sign-out campers prior to leaving. Parents must provide written permission if your child(ren) is to be dismissed to anyone other than recorded on the Pick-Up Release Form you have filled out.
Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns. If there are any major changes regarding the enclosed, you will be informed immediately. We look forward to seeing you this summer.
Rachel Cotton, Camp Coordinator
p: 610-583-7620 ext. 3465
- Glad Squad (Aston)