Summer Camp Information Coming Soon!
Due to Covid-19 restrictions for DCIU, the Delaware County Technical High School will not be running summer camps for the 2021 summer.
Kick off your summer exploring different careers and creating projects! Our three-day camp will allow you to experience five different careers while working on several projects! Learn how to make new foods in Culinary Creators or how to save a life with CPR in Health Guardians! You can also analyze a crime scene in Crime Solvers or learn about computers in our Apple Corps program! Don’t forget about tool safety and basic carpentry skills in our Wood Workers program! Every student has the chance to learn each of these exciting programs!
Camp is for incoming 6th grade students to completed 8th grade students
- Culinary Creators
- Future chefs explore the world of culinary arts. This camp blends basic cooking skills with innovation and creativity as campers venture your way through baking, bread making and meal preparation.
- Health Guardians
- Campers will be exposed to dental technology, emergency medicine, and basic health sciences. The program offers an opportunity for students to explore the exciting world of health and medical careers through learning experiences and activities for students
- Crime Solvers
- Ever wonder how scientists use evidence to solve crimes? Learn how to evaluate a crime scene, collect, handle, and evaluate evidence! Each day you will be one step closer to solving the final crime scene! Each day the campers will focus on a different aspect of forensics and how this science is used to determine the timeline of a crime.
- Wood Workers
- Starting with the cornerstones of shop safety and tool management, campers will get a sampling of basic carpentry tasks and the importance of wood as a resource. We will learn about spring and summer bird nesting habits and the importance of keeping tools organized and used for the proper purpose. Campers will use basic hand tools and assist Instructor with larger power tool operations to create a bluebird or finch house and a personalized toolbox if time allows.
Summer Camp F.A.Q.
- Delaware County Technical Schools – ASTON CAMPUS
- 100 Crozerville Road, Aston, PA 19014
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty
- Closed toe, rubber-soled shoes
- Knee-length shorts or pants
Cell phones, electronic games and devices are not permitted during camp or in Lab areas. Campers should leave all valuables home. All personal property must have camper’s name on it. DCTS is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
Campers should bring a lunch with their name on it, unless otherwise notified. Lunches will be refrigerated.
Sign-in camper daily at the greeting desk in the lobby. Students are not permitted in Lab areas before 9am or after 3pm.
Parent/Guardian, please sign-out campers prior to leaving. Parents must provide written permission if your child(ren) is to be dismissed to anyone other than recorded on the Pick-Up Release Form you have filled out.
Feel free to contact DCTS with questions or concerns. If there are any major changes regarding the enclosed, you will be informed immediately. We look forward to seeing you this summer.
Rachel Cotton, Camp Coordinator
p: 610-583-7620 ext. 3465
- Culinary Creators