The Delaware County Intermediate Unit's Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Learning team works collaboratively with school systems to provide behavioral consultation, coaching, and training.
Areas of professional learning opportunities include:
- Classroom Management
- Coaching/Training related to Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) Process and Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP) Development
- Recognizing and Responding to Challenging Behaviors
- Rehabilitation for Empowerment, Natural Supports, Education, and Work (RENEW)
- Mental Health
- Emotional Support Services and Programs
- Technical Assistance: Individual Student/Classroom Support
School-Wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a multi-tiered approach to social, emotional, and behavior support. The broad purpose of PBIS is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and equity of schools and other agencies. PBIS improves social, emotional, and academic outcomes for all students, including students with disabilities and students from underrepresented groups.
The PBIS approach provides a continuum of prevention and intervention supports at each of the three tiers: universal (for all students), secondary (for students at risk), and tertiary (for students with intensive needs). At the tertiary level, PBIS embraces the conceptual approaches of wraparound and/or person-centered planning for students who have challenging behavioral needs requiring intensive support.
Professional learning opportunities include:
- Team Training (Universal-Tier I, Tier II, Tier III supports)