GameSalad is a complete learning solution that teachers Computer Science to 4th-10th grade students in the engaging context of mobile game development.
With a standards-aligned curriculum, scaffolded project-based activities, flexible training options, and ongoing technical support, it's never been easier to bring computer programming to your school!
Audience: Grades 4-10
- The drag-and-drop platform lowers the barrier of entry to CS by focusing on logic and architecture first, so your students can build their confidence in programming without the frustration of syntax.
- Students can view and play games on their own mobile devices, share them to the online arcade, or publish directly to the App store!
- GameSalad provides year-round support to ensure teacher success, regardless of technical background.
The easy to use web-based curriculum provides educators with everything they need to teach their students computer science fundamentals with GameSalad.
Units are designed to be modular. Each unit covers one or more topics and each features a specific game genre or mechanic, giving teachers maximum flexibility to design a program of study that meets the needs of their students.
The curriculum is state standards aligned.
Units Include the Following
- Educator lesson plan
- Detailed student tutorials
- Project evaluation rubric
- Assessment and answer key
- Optional instructional assets
- Example final game projects
- All art and sound assets