Upper Darby School District Superintendent Search
The Upper Darby School District is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced, and highly effective leader to fill the vital role of Superintendent.
If you possess the following qualities, you are invited to apply:
- Visionary with long term commitment to the mission, values, and beliefs of the UDSD and to fostering a positive learning experience for all children and staff.
- Commitment to the interests of all stakeholders in the community including residents, parents, students, and staff.
- Strong foundation in a systems approach to operations, curriculum, instruction and assessment, educational best practices, and creating climates of respect and safe schools.
- Courageous innovator and strong educational leader with a positive attitude who strives to build collaboration, trust, and consensus among all internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands the needs of a very diverse district serving very diverse communities.
- Keen knowledge of, and experience with, school finance, business management, school law, and human resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and cultivate relationships through all channels of communication.
- Expereince leading the management of aging facilities.
- Prior experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent for a large district in a diverse community, with a proven history of success and longevity.
- PA Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (Out of State - Eligible for PA Letter).
- Doctorate in Education preferred.
Compensation: The total compensation package is competitive and negotiable.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2019
For additional information contact Dr. Maria Edelberg, Executive Director, Delaware County Intermediate Unit, at 610-938-9000 ext. 2056 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Superintendent Search is being conducted by the DCIU as a value-added service at no cost to the Upper Darby School District.