Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts is a State funded pre-school program for 3 to 5 year old children that prepares children for reading and math, and also teaches the habits and routines children need to succeed in the first years of school (i.e. paying attention, following directions, positive social skills). Pre-K Counts gets kids excited for school and gives them a solid foundation for learning in kindergarten and grade school. This means they have a better chance of doing well in school, going on to college or career training, and getting a good job.
What will I find in a Pre-K Counts classroom?
Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- Provide teachers with education, certification, and expertise to teach young children
- Use teaching materials that will help your child grow both academically and socially
- Review your child’s progress and choose the activities that best help his or her individual development
- Provide tools to help you move smoothly into the kindergarten program you child will be attending
- Offer small class sizes (no more than 20 students per class with no less than 2 instructors/instructional assistants), giving your child one-on-one attention with the teachers.
The Delaware County Intermediate Unit offers the Pre-K Counts Program at the following locations.
- Aston Early Childhood Education Center
100 Crozerville Road, Aston, PA 19014 | 610-938-9000 ext. 3577
- Delco Early Learning Center
325 Childs Avenue, Drexel Hill, PA 19026 | 610-622-0990
468 North Middletown Road, Media, PA 19063 | 610-565-2353
- Sharon Hill Early Childhood Learning Center
1016 School Street, Sharon Hill, PA 19079 | 610-938-2845