Electrical Construction Technology (Adult)
The Electrical Construction Technology program introduces students to the basic concepts of residential and commercial wiring. Students are taught in compliance with the National Electrical Code (NEC)and the Residential Construction Academy (RCA) industry standards.” Students begin working toward their NCCER certifications immediately. DCTS instructors also provide students with exposure to solar power and other green technologies.
Complete the online application and click submit.
- Certificate of Completion
- OSHA Certification
Participants who successfully complete this program will
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Completed Application
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal History, Child Abuse History Clearance
- Physical Exam including: 2 step PPD, Drug Screen, Immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Flu Vaccine
- Attend student orientation/interview
- 7:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Cost: $10,890 plus certification costs
- Type: Full time, Intergenerational