Emergency Medical Technician
Class begins on August 26th, 2019
The class will run from August 26th to December 16th, 2019
Monday and Wednesday: 6 p.m.-10 p.m., Saturdays: 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
This course is designed to prepare students to provide basic emergency medical care to sick and injured patients. Students will learn to provide medical care in a variety of settings including hospitals, fire departments and security agencies. This program allows volunteer Firefighters and Paramedics in Delaware County to participate at a reduced cost (ONLY AVAILABLE TO CURRENT VOLUNTEERS). The course is located at the Delaware County Emergency Services Center providing the most state of the art training environment.
- PA-EMT certification
- NIMS 100
- NIMS 200
- NIMS 700
- NIMS 800
- HAZMAT AWARENESS
Participants who successfully complete this program will
- Communication in an Emergency and Documentation
- EMS Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel
- Lift and Move Patients
- Ambulance Operation
- Knowledge of the Human Body
- Life Support and First Aid to Victims
- Vital Signs and Health History
- Ventilation of an Airway
- Completed Application
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Volunteer Firefighters and Paramedics in Delaware County will be charged a discounted rate of $400.
- Volunteer members of a Delaware County Fire Department or Ambulatory Service
Location: Delaware County Emergency Training Center – Folcroft
- Mondays and Wednesdays- 6:00 p.m. – 10 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- COST: $1000, plus certification costs
- Type: Evening and Weekend; Adults only
- Tuition includes the textbook, pocket mask and consumable supplies.
Kerby Kirber – Phone Contact #610-237-8630
The Training Center
1600 Calcon Hook
Sharon Hill, PA
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Application
- Contact Kerby Kirber for information on how to pay and how to apply for the class