Building Trades Certificate Program
This course is for individuals interested in earning certifications that can lead to employment in a Building Trade and who are interested in earning multiple industry certifications. Individuals will be trained to operate various power and hand tools safely and effectively. Students experience classroom activities that expose them to fundamental skills and processes, such as but not limited to basic residential wiring, framing, plumbing and finishing work.
Complete the online application and click submit.
- OSHA 10 hr.
- Scaffold Safety Certification
- Ladder Safety Certification (American Ladder Institute)
- Fork Lift Operation, Bob Cat (Skid Loader and Compact Tractor)
- HILTI Power Actuator Fastening Certification
Participants who successfully complete this program will:
- understand essential workplace safety
- be able to identify basic power and hand tools relative to the building trades
- be able to operate various power tools including but not limited to a handheld circular saw, table saw, various power drills, router, handheld sander and more
- be able to utilize new skills to construct a moderate size structure
- appear more marketable to potential employers in the trade industry
- earn the certifications identified above.
- Completed Application
- Be at least 18 yrs. of age
- High School Transcript or GED diploma
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal History, Child Abuse History Clearance
- Physical Exam including: 2 step PPD, Drug Screen, Immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Flu Vaccine
- Attend student orientation/interview
- 30 days
- 7:45 am to 2:15 pm
- Cost: $1815 plus certification costs
- Type: Full time, Intergenerational