LPN Admission Step by Step Process
Welcome Prospective Student!
Step by Step Admission Requirements:
DCTS LPN program is located at 85 N. North Malin Road in Broomall, Delaware County, PA. Our program is a one year, fulltime, daytime program Monday thru Friday. Class days are at the Marple Education Center in Broomall from 8:15 am to 4:00 pm with a 45 minute lunch and clinical days are at various locations in Delaware County and Philadelphia from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm with a 30 minute lunch. Times may vary slightly depending on the clinical site. We admit two class groups per year, one in September and one in February. This program has full approval by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and our current board pass rate is 85%. We are also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Many employers and colleges require this standard from the schools that nurses attend as the graduate moves on with her/his career.
Guidelines for Admission:
Steps should be completed in the following order.
- Take the TEAS test. The TEAS test (3-4 hours) measures English, Math, Science and Reading. Payment can be made online with a credit card or at the LPN office by money order. Cost $75.00. You must set up ATI account before arriving for testing. You can purchase a review book online or take a refresher course online through ATI and that information is available through the ATI website . We will accept scores from other testing sites as long as they are sent to us electronically through the ATI website. Our acceptance admission test score is 50 or above, but we will consider 44 to 49. Those who test between 44 and 49 may have to do some remediation prior to admission. TEAS registration and information with test dates at our school is available through our LPN website. Students must wait one month to retest, and can only retest once.
- Complete the program application and pay the $260.00 application fee. This deposit reserves your seat in the program. This fee is nonrefundable. It can be paid here by credit card or at the LPN office with a money order made out to DCTS Practical Nursing Program.
- Complete the FAFSA electronically and apply for financial aid. Our school code number is 031284. You must add it if you have a current FAFSA. We have a financial aid consultant Jeanne Cavalieri-Grover on campus one day a week and she can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Link for Financial Aid Process
- Admission Documents: All the necessary clearances and health forms required by the LPN program must be received one month prior to the start of the program. Process: Students will receive an email from the LPN program with a personal 4 digit code to access Castle Branch online record system. Students should go to the Castle Branch Portal and then hit “place order” and select the students drop down icon. At this point the student will be asked to enter the 4 digit code provided by the LPN program. Please note the Castle Branch help number is 1-877-343-0494 if you have any questions.
- A $1,500 tuition down payment fee is due 1 month prior to the start date of the program. This fee is applied to the student tuition and is nonrefundable. Provide a money order made out to "DCTS PNP" and include your name and address
Students who do not meet these deadlines will have the option to be placed in the next class, but the $260.00 nonrefundable admission fee will be required again for that new class along with the $1,500.00 non-refundable deposit. A student who does not apply and pay the fees is not considered an applicant.
There is a preschool located here at the Marple Education Center please see the attached flyer for more information. Click here for flyer
Once all this information is submitted, you will get an official acceptance letter of acceptance from the program. Please email us at email@example.com should you have any further questions. We wish you the best of luck with your prospective future as a practical nurse.
Please refer to this sheet to guide you as you prepare yourself for admission to the program. Wishing you well as you begin to take the next steps to your future as a practical nurse!