Social Emotional Well-Being & Parent Resources
Social Emotional Well-Being
Delaware County Crisis/Mental Health Resources (Crisis intervention)
- Crozer Chester Medical Center 610-447-7600
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital 610-237-4210
- Delaware County 24/7 Mobile Crisis Unit 1-855-889-7827
- Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect 1-800-932-0313
- Victims of Sexual Assault 24hr Hotline 610-566-4342
Drug and Alcohol Resources
- County-wide 24/7 Drug & Alcohol Assessment 1-800-558-9600
- Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems 610-352-4703 (Drug and Alcohol Prevention Unit)
- NHS Human Services 610-534-3636 (Assessment, Outpatient/Intensive Outpatient)
- 1-888-UNDER21 To report underage drinking parties, establishments that provide alcohol to those under 21, or people providing false identification call state police at this anonymous reporting number.
- Stop medicine abuse
- Call 1-800-273-TALK or visit the delco suicide prevention website
- Call 1-800-RENFEW or visit the renfrewcenter website
- Visit the CHIP Health Insurance website – Pennsylvania’s program to provide health insurance to all uninsured children and teens who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance
- Visit CHADD – Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), is a national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for parents of individuals with ADHD.
- Visit becauseiloveyou.org – BILY is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting parents with troubled children of any age.
- Arc of Delaware County is an advocacy organization that assists families in navigating the special education system and connects families to peer support groups and recreational activities for their children.
- Public Citizens for Children and Youth – PCCY is an advocacy group dedicated to improving the lives of children. PCCY’s Child Healthwatch hotline is a phone line for help when applying for Medical Assistance or CHIP.
Book Recommendations for Parents
- The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage Are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kids by Madeline Levine
- Queen Bees & Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends & Other Realities of Adolescence by Rosalind Wiseman
- The Optimistic Child: Proven Program to Safeguard Children from Depression & Build Lifelong Resilience by Martin E. Seligman
- Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child’s Fears, Worries, and Phobias by Tamar Chansky
- The Whipped Parent: Hope for Parents Raising an Out-of-Control Teen by Kathryn O’Dea
- Reality Gap: Alcohol, Drugs, and Sex-What Parents Don’t Know and Teens Aren’t Telling by Stephen Wallace
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- How to Talk So Kids will Listen and Listen So Kids will Talk by Elaine Mazlish