Guidance Programs and Activities
National Technical Honor Society
Induction is held in March or April of each year for new inductees. Students who meet GPA, extra-curricular and volunteer criteria are considered for membership. Students meeting the criteria will receive an application for admission into NTHS. For more information about the National Technical Honor Society visit the NTHS website.
Delaware County Technical School’s Standards for the National Technical Honor Society
- Students must apply for consideration by January 5, 2021 (late entries will not be considered due to registration timelines)
- CTE Teacher approval & homeschool teacher recommendation
- Community Service hours (minimum 10 hours)
- Overall homeschool cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Candidates must be of junior or senior status
- At least 95 average in the CTE program each quarter
- Excellent attendance record (*considerations will be made due to COVID)
- No more than 1 absence per quarter for Semester One as of Feb 1st (including excused absences but NOT including medical absences or death in the family)
- No discipline referrals
- Be a good, honest student citizen
- Make a personal commitment to excellence
Upon reviewing the student criteria students will be required to submit the following:
- A completed application submitted by the deadline stated on the application.
- Input the required information on the NTHS website by deadline
- Documented community service hours (minimum 10 hours)
- ONE recommendation letter from a home school teacher (NOT the Career & Tech Teacher)
**Failure to abide by designated deadlines and required materials will result in disqualification for consideration into National Technical Honor Society**
Student of the Month
Every month one deserving student will be chosen by each teacher to receive Student of the Month. Students will receive a small token, have their name announced on the speaker, and will be entered into a monthly drawing for a bigger award.
DCTS Grading Scale
(DCTS final grade is 60% Knowledge and 40% Work Ethic)
DCTS Anti-Bullying Policy
Contact your son/daughter’s DCTS principal or disciplinarian if you suspect that your child is being bullied.
For information on cyer bullying view the cyber bully website.