Guidance Programs and Activities
National Technical Honor Society
Induction is held in March or April of each year for new inductees. Students who meet GPA, extra-curricular and volunteer criteria are considered for membership. Students meeting the criteria will receive an application for admission into NTHS. For more information about the National Technical Honor Society visit the NTHS website.
National Technical Honors Society Criteria
- Overall Home School cumulative GPA of 3.5
- At least an 95 average in the CTE program each quarter
- Candidates must be a junior or senior
- Excellent attendance record (No more than 1 absence per quarter per Semester One as of February 1st, including excused absences but NOT including medical absences or death in the family)
- CTE teacher recommendation
- No discipline referrals
- Be a good, honest student citizen
- Make a personal commitment to excellence
Upon reviewing the student criteria students will be required to submit the following:
- A completed application submitted by the deadline stated on the application.
- Input the required information on the NTHS website.
- Documented Community service hours (minimum 10 hours)
- ONE recommendation letter from a home school teachers (NOT the Career and Technical Education Teacher)
Failure to abibe by designated deadlines and required materials will result in disqualification for consideration into the National Technical Honor Society.
Student of the Month
Every month one deserving student will be chosen by each teacher to receive Student of the Month. Students will receive a small token, have their name announced on the speaker, and will be entered into a monthly drawing for a bigger award.
Honors Award Program – Quarter Awards Criteria
- First Honors: Students who have a 93 average and only one absence for the quarter
- Perfect Attendance: Students who have no absences for the quarter
- Students of the Quarter: Designed to recognize students who have tried to make DCTS a better place. These students have typically made outstanding contributions to their respective clubs, organizations, or the program in general.
DCTS Grading Scale
(DCTS final grade is 60% Knowledge and 40% Work Ethic)
DCTS Anti-Bullying Policy
Contact your son/daughter’s DCTS principal or disciplinarian if you suspect that your child is being bullied.
For information on cyer bullying view the cyber bully website.