This program provides students with the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations at their assigned hospitals. They will be working and observing alongside doctors and nurses while visiting patient rooms. Students will observe various aspects of their assigned hospitals including Emergency Room, Operating Room, Pediatrics, Hospital Pharmacy, and more. This year-long program is offered at seven different area hospitals. Students benefit from career-based presentations from an array of healthcare professionals including nurses, physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, medical technologists and pharmacists. The curriculum includes anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, safety, infection control and medical law and ethics. Students graduate from the program with a solid understanding of the integral relations of the hospital team and a vision of their potential role in the healthcare industry
Hospitals: Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Lankenau Medical Center, Taylor Hospital, Riddle Hospital and Delaware County Memorial Hospital.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- AHA- BLS Provider
- AHA Heartsaver First Aid (CPR/AED)
Median Wages for Related Occupations
- Healthcare Technologists & Technicians, all other $43,120
- Healthcare Practitioners & Technical Workers, all other $82,870
- Healthcare support worker $38,850
- Nurse, Other Specialist $69,170
College Credit Opportunities
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Mount Aloysius College, Harcum College, Lackawanna College, Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center, Johnson College, Lenape Technical School Practical Nursing Program, Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, Western Area Career and Technology Center, Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center and Crawford County Career and Technical Center Practical Nursing Program.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Neumann University and Saint Francis University.