HVAC and plumbing professionals are instrumental in ensuring that homes and buildings function properly on a daily basis. The HVAC and Plumbing Technology program introduces students to the basic concepts of residential and commercial work. With an emphasis on safety, students work with copper, black pipe, electric, and full HVAC systems. Topics covered include selecting and ordering materials, supplies, tools, codes, blueprint reading, and low voltage wiring. Students learn about safety, tools, residential work, blueprints, basic HVAC systems, and basic plumbing skills. Students are taught in compliance with the International Code Council (ICC) Plumbing, Mechanical, Fuel Gas Code and the Residential Construction Academy (RCA) industry standards.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- EPA-608 (Environmental Protection Agency) Certification
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Core
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)-HVAC Levels 1-3
Median Wage for Related Occupations
- Solar Photovoltaic Installers $42,680
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Mechanics & Installers $55,170
- HVAC Service Managers $75,250
College Credit Opportunities
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Community College of Allegheny County, Westmoreland County Community College, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Delaware County Community College, Luzerne County Community College, Northampton County Area Community College, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Butler County Community College, Lehigh Carbon Community College, Johnson College, Orleans Technical Institute and Rosedale Technical College.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- University of Northwestern, Philadelphia Suburban University (PHCC) and Saint Francis University.