Department: Career and Technical Education
School of: Health and Biosciences
Instructors: Diann Stoume, Monica Millio, Tina Dickinson and Cate Beaty
CIP Code: 51.9999
This is a healthcare career exploration program culminating with the opportunity to choose a Medical Assisting or Nursing Assisting pathway. Course content includes anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, safety, infection control, medical law and ethics, as well as patient care skills. The Health Sciences curriculum is a foundation for all health career pathways in which students may choose to train for a Certified Clinical Medical Assisting certification or a Certified Nursing Assisting Certification.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- OSHA-Bloodborne Pathogens
- BLS-Health Care Provider
- Certified Medical Assistant
- First Aid
- PA Nurse Aide Registry
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- Registered Nurse
with 2 year college degrees or certifications
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Home Health Aide
College Credit Opportunities
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Mount Aloysius College, Harcum College, Lackawanna College, Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center, Johnson College, Lenape Technical School Practical Nursing Program, Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, Western Area Career and Technology Center, Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center and Crawford County Career and Technical Center Practical Nursing Program.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Neumann University and Saint Francis University.