This program provides both a theoretical and lab component and is designed for those students whose career objective includes college and a career within the Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Fitness Training, and/ or Nutrition fields. Program graduates are prepared to pursue postsecondary education, while developing a foundation of technical knowledge.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- Employability: Interviewing Skills
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support (CPR/AED)
- AMCA-Physical Therapy Aide Certification.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine– Certified Personal Trainer
Median Wages for Related Occupations
- Occupational Therapy Aides $32,580
- Physical Therapy Aides $27,840
- Personal Trainer $46,250
- Athletic Trainer $46,150
- Physical Therapist $84,620
College Credit Opportunities
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, Neumann University and Saint Francis University.