Exercise Therapy & Sports Sciences
Department: Career and Technical Education
Campus: Aston Campus
School of: Health and Biosciences
Instructor: Jim Dolinger
CIP Code: 51.2604
“Exercise Therapy & Sports Science” is for high school students interested in pursuing careers in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Fitness Training, and Nutrition. The salary range for these careers range from $27,000-$205,000 depending on the level of post-secondary education and career choice. Students who complete this DCTS program could potentially earn certifications in the following areas: Personal Training, First Aide, CPR, and AED. The projected job growth for occupations related to this program is up to 33% higher than the average growth rate for all careers!
Legal and Ethical Issues, Communication, Infection Control, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency Care and First Aide, Human Needs and Development, Moving, Lifting, Positioning and Body Mechanics, Nutrition and Hydration, Basic Clinical Skills, Mental Health and Wellness, Rehabilitation and Restorative Care, Medical Terminology, Administrative Skills, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology, Mathematics in Rehabilitative Care and Concussion Management.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- First Aid
- Physical Therapy Aide Certification-American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- Certified Personal Trainer-National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Sports Medicine Physician
- Physical Therapist (Assistant;Aide)
- Occupational Therapist (Assistant;Aide)
- Athletic Trainer
- Exercise Physiologists
- Fitness Trainers & Instructors
- Dietitians & Nutritionists
College Credit Opportunities
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology, Neumann University and Saint Francis University.