This program prepares students for high-demand, life sustaining, STEM careers in the engineering and advanced manufacturing fields. Students have the opportunity to take an invention from concept to design to production by utilizing hi-tech equipment such as 3D printers and after Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine. This comprehensive curriculum covers topics such as engineering philosophy, principles, ethics, safety and quality control. Students learn a variety of topics, including computer-aided design, electronics, hydraulics, mechanical drawing, robotics, and precision measurement. Students in the Engineering Technologies program have the opportunity to complete STEM- enhanced curriculum through five Project Lead The Way (PLTW) modules. Students have the opportunity to choose from Introduction to Engineering, Principles of Engineering, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Digital Electronics, Civil Engineering & Architecture. Students are introduced to problem solving, learning about engineering principles, teamwork, and Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
Median Wage for Related Occupations
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians $57,300
- Engineering Technicians $68,470
- Robotics Technicians $50,000
- Robotics Operators $31,671
- Electrical Engineer $91,710
College Credit Opportunities
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus and Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology and Saint Francis University