Emergency and Protective Services
Department: Career and Technical Education
Campus: Delaware County Emergency Training Center – Folcroft Campus
School of: Health and Biosciences
Instructor: Kestin Wiemer
CIP Code: 43.9999
The Emergency and Protective Services program offers a comprehensive public safety education to students interested in pursuing a career or volunteering in the emergency medical, law enforcement, fire, security, industrial safety or emergency management services. Students work with protective service professionals to gain first-hand experience in all areas of these exciting professions. Units of study include cadet firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical services, communications and report writing, public speaking and physical training. Students receive instruction in the field as well as the classroom. Students are required to have a high degree of motivation and self-discipline, as well as the ability to obtain Child Abuse and Criminal Background Clearances.
Students should consider the EPS course schedule when deciding which session best fits their interest.
- Morning Session: Emergency Medical Technician
- Afternoon Session: Fire Fighting Cadet (4-weeks), Basic First Aid, Criminal Justice
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- National Emergency Responder Certification
- National Incident Management Systems Certification (NIMS 100,200,700 & 800)
- Hazardous materials for First Responder Awareness Certificate (HAZMAT)
- PA Emergency Medical Technician (AM only)
- Firefighter Cadet (PM only)
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- DEA Agent
- FBI Agent
- Forensic Scientist
with 2 year college degrees
with certifications and/or specialized training
- EMS Dispatcher
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Fire Fighter
- Municipal or State Police Officer
- Security Officer
College Credit Opportunities
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus, Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Allegheny, Westmoreland County Community College, Manor College, Community College of Beaver County, Harcum College and Lackawanna College
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology and Saint Francis University.