The Emergency and Protective Services program offers a comprehensive public safety education to students interested in pursuing a career or volunteering in the emergency medical, law enforcement, fire, security, industrial safety or emergency management services. Students work with protective service professionals to gain first-hand experience in all areas of these exciting professions. Units of study include cadet firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical services, communications and report writing, public speaking and physical training.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- First Aid
- National Emergency Responder Certification
- National Incident Management Systems Certification (NIMS 100,200,700 & 800)
- Hazardous Materials for First Responder Awareness Certificate (HAZMAT)
- Firefighter Cadet Certificate
Median Wages for Related Occupations
- Emergency Medical Technician & Paramedics $33,910
- Firefighters $63,660
- Police and Sheriff’s Patrol Officers $68,110
- Transit and Railroad Police $74,030
- Animal Control Workers $58,990
- Security Guards $29,680
- Crossing Guards $29,540
- Transportation Security Screeners $41,490
College Credit Opportunities
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus, Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Allegheny, Westmoreland County Community College, Manor College, Community College of Beaver County, Harcum College and Lackawanna College
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology and Saint Francis University.