Early Childhood Education
Department: Career and Technical Education
School of: Hospitality, Tourism and Human Services
Instructor: Erin Sparacio
CIP Code: 19.0708
The Early Childhood Education (ECE) program prepares students to work with young children in a variety of settings that require an understanding of how children grow, learn and develop. The curriculum is aligned with the National Child Care Association’s core of 15 “Professional Abilities.” Field experience and practicum provide opportunities to become involved in actual work with children. The program also prepares students for as a Child Development Associate (CDA) certification.
Early Childhood Education prepares students to enter the workforce or continue their education in career areas related to childcare and guidance.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
with professional degrees: masters, doctorate
- Curriculum Developer
- Education Administrator
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- Kindergarten/Elementary School Teacher
- Preschool Director
- Special Education Teacher
with certifications and/or specialized training
- Preschool Teacher
- Teacher's Aide
College Credit Opportunities
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus, Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Mount Aloysius College, Community College of Allegheny College, Reading Area Community College, Luzerne County Community College, Manor College, Community College of Beaver County, Harcum College, Lackawanna College, Pennsylvania College of Technology and Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Neumann University, Pennsylvania Institute of Technology and Saint Francis University.