Department: Career and Technical Education
School of: Construction Technology
Instructor: Frank Consorto
CIP Code: 46.0401
Practical experience and classroom training prepares students enrolled in the Building Trades program for employment in general construction or property maintenance. Students are taught carpentry, masonry, plumbing, roofing, drywall application, painting, and framing/finishing. They learn safety standard compliance, tool and equipment identification, communication skills and employability skills, with a strong emphasis placed on math and writing. Course content is relevant to commercial and industrial construction needs.
Students should expect to invest approximately $200 in specialized tools, uniforms, kits and reference books for this 3-year program.
Industry Certifications a Student may earn
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Construction Technology
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Core
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- LEED Construction Commissioner
with 2 year college degrees
- Architectural Drafter
- Building Inspector
- Construction Estimator
- Construction Manager
- Interior/Exterior Finishing
- General Contractor
- Plumbing Assistant
- Property Manager
College Credit Opportunities
- Community College of Allegheny County, Luzerne County Community College, Orleans Technical Institute and Commonwealth Technical Institute.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Saint Francis University