Biomedical Technology and Laboratory Sciences
Department: Career and Technical Education
School of: Health and Biosciences
Instructor: Marnie Black
CIP Code: 51.9999
This program provides students with the knowledge and hands on experience necessary to be successful in medical technology and laboratory science careers. Students will use state of the art equipment to learn the principles of scientific investigation and how it is applied to agriculture, environmental health, forensics, genetic engineering and medicine. An emphasis will be placed on DNA fingerprinting, polymerase chain reaction, microbiology and immunology. Students leaving this program will have the strong foundation necessary to pursue post-secondary and career opportunities in pathology, biomedical engineering, genetics, medical technology, molecular and cellular biology.
Industry Certifications a student may earn:
- First Aid
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- Medical and Clinical Lab Technicians
- Molecular and Cellular Biologist
- Forensics Science Technician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
with 2 year college degrees
- Bioinformatics Technician
College Credit Opportunities
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Mount Aloysius College, Harcum College, Lackawanna College, Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center, Johnson College, Lenape Technical School Practical Nursing Program, Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, Western Area Career and Technology Center, Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center and Crawford County Career and Technical Center Practical Nursing Program.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Saint Francis University