Automotive Technology is a recognized NATEF/ASE accredited instructional program that emphasizes skills to diagnose, service and maintain all types of automobiles. Upon graduation and following one year of employment in the field, students are eligible to take the automotive NATEF/ASE exam. Successful graduates of this program are qualified to enter the automotive field as entry-level service technicians in new car dealerships or related automotive businesses. When students start in the program, they are introduced to topics such as brakes, steering and suspension, electrical, and engine performance. If students believe a smooth-running engine is a beautiful sound, and want to keep cars running that way while using the most up-to-date tools and equipment, that student is in the right place! To be successful, students should be ready to work with constantly changing technology. They have the opportunity to put that knowledge to use with their hands in a timely manner to repair vehicles
Industry Certifications a student may earn:
- ICAR Greenlink: Safety & Pollution Prevention (SP/2)
- Prepare for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
Median Wage for Related Occupations:
- Electronic Equipment Installers & Repairers, Motor Vehicles $39,150
- Automotive Service Technicians & Mechanics $41,800
- Automotive Product Specialists $40,000
- Supervisor, Mechanics $67,340
College Credit Opportunities
- Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Community College of Allegheny County, Delaware County Community College, Luzerne County Community College, Northampton County Area Community College, Community College of Philadelphia, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Allegany College of Maryland, Johnson College, Commonwealth Technical Institute and Rosedale Technical College.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Automotive Training Center, University of Northwestern Ohio, Northampton Community College and Saint Francis University.