Apple Systems and Design
Department: Career and Technical Education
School of: Engineering and Computer Science
Instructor: Kris Sicura
CIP Code: 15.1202
This comprehensive high school program specializes in Apple computer systems and applications and prepares students to apply basic engineering principals and technical skills in support of professionals who use computer systems. Students studying information technology will learn about LANs, WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems. Participants will learn to perform network modeling, analysis and planning, installation and maintenance of hardware and software, monitor networks, and make recommendations for future system upgrades. Students can also learn to use audio, video, and image editing software that is considered the industry standards by today’s professionals. Participants have the opportunity to earn a number of Apple creative application and information technology certifications.
Industry Certifications a Student May Earn
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logc Pro X
with 4 year college degrees or higher
- Software Developers
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
with 2 year college degrees
- Computer Support Specialist
- LAN Specialist
- Computer Help Desk Representative
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
College Credit Opportunities
- Bucks County Community College, Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg, Community College of Allegheny County, Reading Area Community College, Westmoreland County Community College, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Manor College, Mercyhurst University, Community College of Philadelphia and Commonwealth Technical Institute.
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information.
- Saint Francis University