This program introduces students to visual design, graphic design, and the interaction design industry. In a world where commercial art has never been more relevant, DCTS Advertising Design and Commercial Art offers students a community in which to develop the conceptual foundation and skills needed for admission to a post- secondary institution to refine their skills. Students learn the fundamentals to finish each project at an entry level. They are introduced to the Adobe Creative Cloud and explore media messages in print, electronic, and film. Students learn the fundamentals to finish each project at a beginner level. They explore graphic design, advertising, print design, illustration, interior design, digital photography, and game art & design. Students gain an exceptional amount of knowledge and understanding of creative software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
Industry Certifications a Student may earn:
Potential Career Opportunities with Median Wage
- Multimedia $70,420
- Commercial & Industrial Designer $75,650
- Graphic Designer $51,730
- Desktop Publishers $51,090
College Credit Opportunities
- Community College of Allegheny County and Harcum College,
- Visit CollegeTransfer.net for more information
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Neumann University, Pittsburgh Technical College, and Saint Francis University.