The mission of the Delaware County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, is to provide leadership in the development and delivery of quality, cost-effective programs and services to school communities.
- We believe in our commitment to provide diverse and flexible educational programs and services within a safe environment by fostering the development of learning communities of integrity and excellence.
- We pledge to promote forward thinking, creativity, partnerships, and to encourage positive change.
- We will seek to maintain our entrepreneurial spirit while developing meaningful goals that indicate the success of our mission.
DCIU empowers partnerships that Drive, Create, Inspire, and Understand excellence in education.
- Drives strategic forward movement
- Creates dynamic innovative solutions
- Inspires limitless possibilities
- Understands challenges and aspirations
- Financial Stewardship – DCIU delivers exceptional bottom line value to its districts to address the financial pressures they face. We watch district and partner budgets like we watch our own. Our budgeting and financial practices are based on program and service needs, accounting integrity, and transparency within and outside of DCIU.
- Student-Centered Learning – DCIU provides student centered learning for student of all ages. DCIU models seamless, student-centered educational experiences from birth through adulthood in its niche areas of alternative, career and technical, early childhood, ESL and special education. It also provides research based professional development activities including continuous professional education and university-based coursework.
- Market-Based Business Model – DCIU is attuned to the current and future needs of districts and other customers. It operates using an enterprise, market-driven business model to achieve purposeful social and educational outcomes. Through the creation of an Innovation Fund, DCIU innovates and grows responsibly, functioning as an educational engine for Delaware County. We recognize staff for providing quality services at competitive pricing.
Equal Rights and Opportunities PolicyThe Delaware County Intermediate Unit and the Delaware County Technical Schools are equal opportunity education institutions and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, equal pay, disability or genetic information in their activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, VII, IX, Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact the Director of Human Resources or the Section 504 Coordinator at 200 Yale Avenue, Morton, PA 19070, 610-938-9000. For information regarding services, activities and facilities that are accessible to and useable by handicapped persons, contact the Supervisor of Facilities at 610-938-9000.