Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Value • Convenience • Flexibility • Expertise • Support
- Value: $150 per credit for early registration. NEW! Add Immaculata University graduate credit for an additional $150 per credit!
- Convenience: Complete your online courses anywhere you have Internet access.
- Flexibility: Complete activities and assignments on your own schedule.
- Expertise: Learn from our expert instructors how to improve the quality of your professional practice.
- Support: Our dedicated instructors and staff welcome new online learners. We are available by phone 610-938-9000 ext. 2130 or email to assist you.
DCIU's Department of Curriculum, Instruction, & Professional Learning offers a varied selection of 1, 2, and 3 credit CPE courses for educators pursuing Level II Instructional certificates, Act 48 hours, or for professional growth. All of our Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses meet the needs of Act 48 Professional Educator requirements. University credit through Immaculata University is also available for many courses. DCIU currently offers more than 50 online courses, and we're always adding more. Our courses span a variety of content areas: Inclusive Practices, Teacher Effectiveness, Literacy, Struggling Secondary Readers, Technology, 21st Century Skills, and Education and the Law.
Registration is open now!
DCIU's online courses run on a semester basis. Depending on the number of credits, your course may run for anywhere from 2-9 weeks. Our upcoming semester schedules can be found through the following link:
Developing CoursesInterested in developing or teaching courses for DCIU? Check out our Become a CPE Instructor page for details.
ContactQuestions about online learning with DCIU? Call us at 610-938-9000 ext. 2130
Not what you're looking for?If you're interested in DCIU's consortium pricing on learning management systems, follow this link.If you'd like to know more about professional development or consultation surrounding online learning, click here.